Whats The Difference Between Jockstraps & Thongs?
So, you're in the market for some sexy new underwear? Maybe you've got a hot date coming up and you're looking for that special Andrew Christian jockstrap to give him a real treat. Its 2021, and there are so many styles to choose from when it comes to gay underwear, so whats the difference between these two styles?
In this article we're going to show you difference between men's thongs and men's jockstraps, both are a super sexy way to accentuate your assets, but when it comes down to it - whats the real difference? Lets find out:
Jockstraps are most gay men's first choice when it comes to sexy underwear, but they were designed for (and still used for) sports, such as cycling. Jockstraps typically have:
- A pouch in the front which overall provides a lift, support and even protection (sometimes)
- Elasticated straps that connect the front pouch to the back, one around each leg (below the buttocks)
- A lack of material around the back provides unparalleled ventilation, which is why jockstraps are also used for sports as well as.. well you know.
- Straps are sometimes made with a toughened elastic which can help to lift your bum up and out, providing a little enhancement to your backside.
Once upon a time men's thongs were considered quite taboo, even amongst gay men - however, its 2023 now and if we want to wear a thong, we will! Thongs are really similar to jockstraps, but have the following features:
- A thong does not have jock straps connecting the back, instead it has a piece of material down the butt crack. Thongs are usually preferred by guys who find the elasticated straps found on men's jockstraps, too restrictive or uncomfortable.
- The main difference between a jockstrap and a thong is a small piece of material (usually triangular) thats inserted into the thong around the back at the top. This doesn't really serve a purpose, its more for overall aesthetic.
Its fairly clear that there isnt a huge difference between a thong and a jock, both are made with very little fabrics - men's thongs go up your bum, jockstraps go around your legs. If you want to learn more about the various styles of gay underwear, have a look at our 'Ultimate Gay Underwear Guide'.